"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What's wrong with this picture...

One of my co-workers was trolling through facebook today...when they happened on this most unfortunate photo...taken some time in the Spring of 1992. It's a picture of the "leadership" (and I use that term ever-so-loosely) of the Senior Class at Abilene Christian University. Though this picture is of some great men (a doctor, two ministers, and a principal...oh, and Terry Sparks and I are in there, too!), there are also some significant problems.
1. Stephen Bailey's hat (far left) - No hat should look like it has been pressed and starched!
2. Craig Fisher (third from right) - Ah...where has the sweater vest gone?
3. Terry Sparks (second from right) - Acid wash. C'mon...really?
4. Me (far right...and yes, to quote Nirvana, I'm "half the man I used to be): The weave belt only worked if you had enough belt to weave. Unfortunately, I tried to take a belt that actually fit and turn it into something it wasn't.
5. Me (again!): No, I have no idea what was going through my mind when I selected that shirt from my closet. It was probably a shirt my mother bought for me...at least that's my story.
6. Six guys should NEVER look that happy to be hugging one another.
Feel free to chime in with any other glaring atrocities that you might see. Oh...and a special thanks to Brandon Scott Thomas for giving my wife yet another reason to roll in laughter at my expense!

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Craig said...

Bailey's hat, awful. My sweater vest, behind glass hanging on the wall. BST's hair?
What were we thinking?

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Once at ACU I told BST I thought he looked like Archie. He did not respond.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger SG said...

I think I took this picture at the SA Retreat. I think I sent it to Brandon for the 10 year ACU reunion. Not sure though. Where did you get it? You are moving?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home