"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Oops...sorry!

My most sincere apologies to both of you who occasionally stop by my blog for an update on the goings-on with the Campbell's. It's been a busy couple of months...but this is still no excuse for not checking in with you.

I just completed my sixth week with the organization I was with prior to my move to ACU. So I'm back in the rat-race in Frisco, TX (north of Dallas)...and, truthfully, I'm enjoying it.

Granted, I can reflect on my four years at ACU and remember them fondly. While I had many memorable moments while at ACU...here are my 10 favorite:

1) Being the voice of the ACU women's basketball team.
2) Living .6 miles from work!
3) Being apart of the resurgence of JamFest
4) Renewing old friendships from my college days
5) Hosting alumni events at Minute Maid Park in Houston
6) Coaching the Abilene Christian High School girls' basketball team.
7) Getting to talk about ACU Homecoming on Abilene television (I think as many people saw that as people who read this blog!)
8) Meeting some WONDERFUL people who love God and who love ACU...and made working at ACU a real blessing.
9) Learning how to play Texas Hold'em!
10) Figuring out where all the good Blizzards are at (FYI - the best Blizzards are at the Dairy Queen in Sommerville!!!)

More soon....I PROMISE!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger GSub said...

Too bad the "Learning" part of Texas Hold'Em including a verbal lashing from Mike Shanks that would make a sailor blush. Who knew a Full House of 7's over 2's could evoke so much emotion from one big man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home