"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Abilene In The Rear View Mirror

Today concludes my second four-year stint at ACU. This time, however, I don't get a fancy piece of paper that declares I'm smarter than I was when I got here. I am, however, once again leaving with a flood of memories. Robin, the boys and I have had a great time here in Abilene...but this new move represents a better long-term solution for our family.

I'm returning to the organization I was with prior to coming to ACU. EDS sold the organization to a company called Fiserv - the division I will be working for is called IntegraSys. We supply data processing solutions to credit unions.

No...it's not real sexy or exciting...but it IS a great company, and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I start on Monday, May 7th. Meanwhile Robin and the boys will stay behind in Abilene until the school year is over...AND to sell the house (know anyone that wants a 5 bedroom, 3 bath house on "the hill"???). So please pray for them during this transition. Oh...and pray for me, too...as I'll be living with my in-laws!

I will try to blog more frequently...so stay tuned.

Okay...someone cue up "40"!

"Thank you, Abilene! Good night!"

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear ya'll are leaving! I happened to stumble on your blog this morning while catching up on Stephanie. How much is your awesome house on the hill? We are looking for more room!
Tell Robin hello and we need to have another girls night before she leaves!
Lex Ann Hood
lhood86@yahoo.com

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Chad said...

God bless, my friend. Even though you won't be at NCYM to buy me dinner anymore. I look forward to reading about life on your blog.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

I can't believe you don't work here anymore-you will be missed!! So, what happened to lunch on Friday? ;) I tried calling you a couple of times this weekend. I hope I get to see you again before you move for good! Blessings~

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger SG said...

So.... It's been a month. I don't think that "blog more frequently" thing is working so well. Let us know what's going on! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home