"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Jealousy Sets In

As sick as it sounds...I wish I was a college freshman again. I love my wife; I wouldn't trade her or my kids for anything. But I'm extremely jealous of what almost 1,200 students on the campus of Abilene Christian University are about to embark on for the first time.

I could dive into a plethora of memories from my four years here in Abilene...but I don't want the three of you who read my blog to fall asleep at your PC. Suffice to say that ACU came around at a time when I was in need of encouragement, sprituality, and direction...and mercifully God directed my path to ACU.

Today was opening Chapel. It marks the 100th year of ACU's history. Much has been said and written about the men and women who made tremendous sacrifices in order for this school to survive. I, for one, will remain forever grateful for what those men and women did that allowed me to spend time on this campus.

So until someone creates a Time Machine that will allow me to go back in time, be a freshman again...and ask Shannon McKnight out before that rotten ol' Mitch Wilburn got to her...I'll be content to work for the greatest University in the world!

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I wouldn't go back for any amount of money. I had great times and have good memories, but "older" frequently goes with "wiser" for a reason.

And, ask Troy, it's VERY un-cool to talk about which girls you should or shouldn't have worked up the courage to go out with. But since your wife doesn't read your blog, I'll never tell.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger mom23 said...

I too am so jealous of all the new freshmen that just arrived at Baylor. I've been out of college for nearly a decade but when I walk into a place frequented by the college students I can't help but look for familiar faces. And trust me, I know like 2 Baylor students.

But along with that jealousy, I also have a renewed desire to pray on behalf of these kids that are away from home for the first time and are about to experience all kinds of temptation that never was present before. The look so young, don't they?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

When I was working on campus, I felt the same way during Welcome Week. What an exciting time -- I'd love to live it over again. Not the actual SCHOOL part. Just the Welcome Week part.

You have someone you wish you could have dated... I have someone I wish I HADN'T dated! Oh, well.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Just to clarify -- the someone I wish I hadn't dated is NOT the guy I married!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home