"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Underrated Movie Quotes

I understand that there was a TV show that listed the 100 best movie quotes of all time. Unfortunately I did not see the show...so I cannot attest to it's accuracy...but I'm sure several of the best were left of the list. So allow me to extoll the greatness of some underrated lines...and feel free to add your own!

From The Breakfast Club
Principal: Any questions?
John Bender: Yeah, I got a question. Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?
Principal: The answer to that question can be found here next week. Don't mess with the bull young man; you'll get the horns.
----
Stripes
Psycho: My name is Francis Soyer. But everyone calls me "Psycho." Any o' you guys call me Francis...and I'll kill ya!
Random Soldier: Wooooooo!
Pscycho: You just made the list, pal! And I don't like anyone touching my stuff. Any o' you guys touch my stuff...and I'll kill ya!...And I don't like people touchin' ME either. So keep your meathooks off. Any o' you...homos...touch me...and I'll kill ya!
Sgt Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.
---
Major League
Manager: Willie, you may run like Hayes, but you hit like s***!
---
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Ed Rooney: He jeopardizes my ability to effectively govern this student body.
Grace: He makes you look like an ass is what he does, Ed.
---
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Brad: Hey, you guys had shirts on when you came in here."?
Spicolli: Well sumptin' happened to 'em man."?
Brad: Come on Spicolli, just put the shirts back on. See that sign?"?
Spicolli, Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards: No shirt, no shoes, no dice "
Brad: Right. Learn it, know it, live it.
---
Forrest Gump
Lt Dan: What happened to your lip, son?
Bubba: I was born with big gums, sir.
Lt Dan: Well, you'd better tuck that thing away or it'll get caught on a trip wire.
---
Parenthood
Carol: I happen to think your grandmother is BRILLIANT!
Gil: If she's so smart why is she sitting in the neighbor's car?!
---
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Wales: Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle "Dixie"?

Just some thoughts...

1 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I just did a blog on my favorite quotes -- mostly from Steel Magnolias, but your quote about Parenthood reminded me of my favorite (that I can print) from that movie:

Karen: "He likes to butt things with his head."
Nathan (played by Rick Moranis): "How proud you must be."

Why is my brain full of quotes from a movie from 1989 and I can't find my car keys or remember to stop at the post office?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home