"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Monday, June 20, 2005

10 Great Things About Being A Dad

This past Father's Day caused me to reflect on my 4 1/2 years of fatherdom. During that time I have discovered many great things about being a dad. Here are the 10 best...

10. No more buying alarm clocks.
9. At the age of 35 my reflexes are faster than ever...by having to protect my "area" from the flailing arms of a 4-year old.
8. Watching a soccer game come to a grinding halt because one of the team mom's pulled out an assortment of juice boxes and animal crackers.
7. My gag reflex tolerance is at an all-time high!
6. Learning that a 2-year old will eat anything (and I do mean ANYTHING) once.
5. I can poke a hole in a Capri Sun the first time...with my eyes closed.
4. Watching my boys learn that the world is their bathroom.
3. I can talk about "The Wiggles" without cracking a smile.
2. The joy of the human censor button.
And best of all...
1. Being blessed with the opportunity to shape and mold two young men (with a third on the way) into the type of Christians that God desires...and getting to do that beside a beautiful, Godly woman -- who somehow has managed to tolerate me for 13 years.
(Yes, I know this is a sappy ending...but it's the truth).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home