"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I LOVE CEREAL

Anytime of any day is a good time to sit down and enjoy a fine bowl of nature's greatest gift -- cereal! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack...it doesn't matter. A bowl of cereal is sure to brighten your day.

The Campbell Family routinely keeps as many as eight boxes of cereal in the ol' cupboard...because the love of cereal knows no generational limits. Frosted Mini Wheats, Count Chocula, Cap'n' Crunch, Frosted Flakes -- they all have graced the Campbell's with their presence over the years.

Enjoy your cereal with white milk, chocolate milk...or no milk at all. Whatever your choice, cereal is sure to put a smile on your face. Just remember the Campbell house's only cereal rule -- no fruit. If I want fruit, I will buy an apple...or an orange...or a banana. And if I want a raisin, I will leave some grapes sitting on the dashboard of my truck for a week.

But when I want cereal, I want cereal....and nothing else.

That being said, allow me to list the Campbell Family Top Five (from the home office in Battle Creek, MI):

5. Grape Nuts -- While the name is certainly confusing, this cereal is guaranteed to give your morning a jump start. For a twist, try adding some Corn Flakes or Frosted Shredded Wheat to your bowl.
4. LIFE -- Yes, Mikey likes it and so do I. Would rank much higher on my list had it not shared its name with a highly overrated board game (another blog topic)
3. Honey Bunches of Oats (with almonds) -- I know, I sound like an old man...but a guy's gotta have his fiber!
2. Cocoa Pebbles -- Must be consumed quickly; otherwise it turns into Cocoa Wet Paper Towel. Also comes with its own bonus chocolate milk at the end (and yes, I drink the milk at the end -- and you should to!)
1. Lucky Charms -- I prefer the traditional pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers...but if it takes blue diamonds, purple horseshoes and other sugar-coated "marshmallows" to continue the greatness of Lucky Charms, then I say "hooray!"

So sit down with your old friends King Vitamin, Tony The Tiger, and Fred and Barney...and enjoy some cereal today!

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Corey said...

Greatness!!

You beat me to it. Cereal was on the list of topics to blog.

Anyway, top 5 Patterson cereals:

5. HoneyComb (or Honey Buzzers...) - Kids love that
4. Count Chocula - I'm really kinda bitter that I can't readily find the Count, Boo Berry or FrankenBerry
3. Lucky Charms - With all due respect...I grew up with Pink Hearts, Yellow Moons, Orange Stars, Green Clovers and Blue Diamonds.
2. Cookie Crisp - used to have the Wizard but politically correctness made them change it to a criminal? Give me a break. Great cereal, though
1. Cheerios with sliced Strawberries - Breaking a Cardinal rule of the Campbell house...but what the hey, I don't live there. Add a little sugar and you get my favorite breakfast of all time.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

This is a BLOG I beleive Jerry Seinfeld would love. Did you know he chose which cereals to have in the cabinets during each season?

Here are my top 5 cereals:

5. Lucky Charms
4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
3. Apple Jacks/Fruit Loops (tie)
2. Cookie Crisp
1. Cherrios - with lots of sugar

I know, technically that's 6 cereals but I just could not leave one of them out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home