"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Monday, July 09, 2007

Insights From The Road

It's been two months since I began my travel-intensive role with IntegraSys. I enjoy travelling...although I feel bad leaving my wife at home with the three high-energy, high maintenance little boys. I'll make it up to her soon - she deserves a very long vacation!!!

Anyhow, I was reflecting on all the things I've encountered in a short period of time. Here are ten of them...

1. Why does Golden Corral attract seemingly the most down-trodden and most unhealthy folks in any given city?
2. Best beds - Hampton Inn!
3. Who are The Gideons...and where did they get all those Bibles?
4. If you ever get to the airport early or have a long layover...just sit down in a chair near a high-traffic area, and watch the people. It's fun to imagine what's going on inside their head.
5. I'm never traveling with golf clubs again.
6. Why does my non-smoking hotel room always smell like smoke?
7. Nothing beats minor league baseball
8. Waffle House doesn't take credit cards; neither does Cici's.
9. Moses could lead the Israelites through the desert...but I bet he couldn't get them through O'Hare!!!
10. Why do hotels place a full-length mirror on the side of the door facing the toilet? Do you really want to see that going on???

Happy Monday from Evansville, IN!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger SG said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger SG said...

I meant to say..."I keep wondering if you got the car this time?" Hope all is working out for you. Maybe you could sell the house to Fisher.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Thanks for the top 10-I hope the new job is going great!!

By the way, I am still waiting to go to lunch!! ;) Well, I have news, too-I am leaving ACU in a little under 2 weeks. They decided to shut down my hall, so I feel like a door has been opened for me to step out and move on.

Hope all is well-I would love to hear from you in the midst of your travels!! :) Blessings~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home