"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Friday (Last Day)...and more!

My last day of bachelorhood was sort of anti-climactic. Watched the ACHS Lady Panthers pull out a victory over Woodson. On my way home I got a phone call from Pittman telling me that the mother of a student he recruited from San Antonio was killed in a traffic accident while passing through Abilene. I guess there's no "good" time to lose a family member...but Christmas always seems to be the cruelest. So I made some phone calls to people around the school to help with that matter. Then went home and packed and got things ready to go for the next morning.

HOWEVER...I did enjoy my last night of not having kids in the house...as I slept 'til almost 9:00! Hadn't done that in a long time!

Saturday, I made the trek to Howe, with a stop in Fort Worth to drop off Santa Claus "stuff" at my parents. Santa has yet to find his way to our house in Abilene...but I'll email him a map for next year.

I guess my family was happy to see me I had to re-introduce myself to my sons...but other than that things are already getting back to normal. Exhibit A of that normalcy is that Noah crawled up in bed with me at 2:00 this morning...and proceeded to throw up all over me!

"Neighbor, how long has it been since you had a bowl of Wolf Brand Chili? Well that's too long!"

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Corey said...

Our mission at Corey's blog is to sift through crappy ploys like the comment above and tell you to get a word verification tool. More often than not, idiots who think this is an effective way to get you to invest see significant increases in bankruptcies. We have come across one of those rare comments.

This comment utilizes sarcasm and snide remarks to achieve communication of how much I hate auto-comments.

We here at Corey's blog hope this "Nano" company goes in the tank.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home