"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Day 4 (Sunday)

I went to Church this morning...and I REALLY started to miss my family. Don't get me wrong -- it was the most relaxing Sunday morning I've had in a while. I didn't have to worry about feeding and dressing two high-energy children; I didn't have to juggle snacks, papers, and Bibles while walking from class to the auditorium; I didn't have to get up three times during the sermon to whoop Noah.

But I almost felt like I had lost my identity. I enjoy being Elijah, Noah, and Jacob's daddy; and I very much enjoy being Robin's husband. So it felt weird -- that's all.

After church I ran to Wal-Mart to buy trashbags and super glue. (Cracker Barrel was PACKED at 11:20AM. I guess the Abilene folks are happy it's here). Got home. Changed clothes. Went to the front yard and raked leaves for what seemed like days. Went inside and had some lunch. Then went to the backyard to finish raking. All tolled, I filled 17 trash bags with leaves. Which doesn't seem possible when you consider that I have two Mesquite trees (NO leaves) and one small pecan tree.

Next I started cleaning out the garage while listening to the Cowboy game on the radio. By the middle of the third quarter I couldn't stand the drama, so I went inside and watched the rest of the game on TV. After the game I went back to the garage. I loaded up my truck with a bunch of recycleables, then made a trip to Sonic for a BIG Diet Coke.

Got back home in time to watch the Packers and the Lions. I needed a big night from Samkon Gado...and I needed Brett Favre to have a bad night in order for my Fantasy Football team to make the playoffs...so I spent the next 3 1/2 hours watching that (and yes, I had popcorn). After that, I started watching "Red Dawn"...but fell asleep before Lea Thompson (LOVE her!) and Jennifer Grey came on the scene. That might give me something to do on Monday night.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Blogger GSub said...

Chris-
I live this bachelor life everyday. You are working way too hard. My day yesterday involved going to church, being one of the 600 morons at Cracker Barrel at 11:20, going home and not getting off the couch until 10:45 last night to go get a BIG Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic. No way did I do the 54 dishes that are in my sink or take out the piling up trash, those things can wait at least another week. That is being a bachelor.

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

"WOLVERINES!!!"

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You think 17 is a lot??? My friend raked 26 bags of leaves on Saturday.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Val said...

Ahh, Red Dawn. Camp Blue Haven's other claim to fame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home