"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

We interrupt this diary...

...to answer a "tag" I received from Craig Fisher, Principal Extraordinare. My apologies to those of you whom I tagged...but the note said if I broke the chain I'd have 7 years of bad luck! And I just can't be havin' that...

List 7 things to do before I die:
1. Do radio play-by-play of a high school or college sporting event (preferably football or basketball)
2. Take Robin to New York
3. Run the Chicago Marathon
4. Spend a family vacation at Disney World during Christmas
5. Find a picture of my biological mother
6. Read the entire Bible in one year
7. See my grandchildren

List 7 things I cannot (or will not) do:
1. Hunt
2. Live in a big Metropolitan area
3. Water ski
4. Ride a motorcycle
5. Dunk a basketball on a regulation goal (surprise, surprise!)
6. Watch movies with a lot of blood
7. Listen to Country Music

List 7 things that attract me to my spouse:
1. Her commitment to Christ
2. When she says, "Don't buy me anything for Christmas" she means it! (eat your heart out, boys!)
3. Her love of basketball
4. She thinks Will Ferrell is the funniest man in American...next to me.
5. She enjoys Hamburger Helper
6. She has forsaken some things that she loves very much in order to be a stay-at-home mom...and with my kids, that ain't easy!
7. She's physically BEAUTIFUL!

List 7 things I say most often:
1. "You're killin' me, Smalls!"
2. "Why did you do hit your brother?"
3. "There is no 'try'; only 'do.'
4. "Lighten up, Francis."
5. "My bad."
6. "Geez, Louise!"
7. "I'll tell you what..."

List 7 books or series that I love:
1. "Of Mice and Men" -Steinbeck
2. "Lord of the Rings" -Tolkein
3. "War of the Worlds" - Wells
4. "Bringing Up Boys" -Dobson
5. "Catcher In The Rye" - Salinger
6. "Power Of A Praying Parent" -O'Martian
7. 1st Samuel - 2nd Chronicles

List 7 movies I would watch over and over again:
1. "School of Rock"
2. "Breakfast Club"
3. "Hoosiers"
4. "Monty Python & The Holy Grail"
5. "Red Dawn"
6. "Forrest Gump"
7. "Christmas Vacation"

List seven people I would love to join in (if they haven't already done so):
1. Scott Freeman
2. David Pittman
3. Deana Nall
4. Trey Laminack
5. Jennifer Ellison
6. Jim MacKenzie
7. Melody Willingham

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Oh, this is SO three months ago! My list of seven is here: http://deanaland.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_deanaland_archive.html

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

I don't know if that showed up right. It's my Sept. 28 entry.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

Hmm... I'm not sure what I'm joining in one but... count me in.

(I found this site when my sister Googled by name.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home