"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Day 5 (Monday)

Well...I didn't accomplish much last night...which means I must FINALLY be embracing my status as a bachelor.

I dashed home after work and wrapped a gift for a birthday party that Elijah and Noah were supposed to go to, and took it over to the party. I made dinner. While it was in the oven I went outside and screamed at my Christmas lights which keep failing me (I think I need a "better" extension cord).

After I ate (chicken, rice, salad, corn-on-the-cob), I sat down at the computer and put two things on eBay. I vacuumed my bedroom and the boys bedroom...then attempted to sort through the millions of toys that E & N have. They're not getting a lot for Christmas...but they have so many toys that they don't play with I've vowed to give those away in order to make room for what Santa is bringing. But alas, I lost the will to do that early on (maybe I'll pick back up with that tonite).

So I made some popcorn, sat down on the couch and watched Monday Night Football...and fell asleep sometime near the end of the 3rd quarter.

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

Wow! You are really taking advantage of this bachelor life!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wrapped a gift? You know how? I'm impressed.
But just some advice: when the fam is gone, it's video game time, not vacuuming time.
Let me know next time and I'll loan you my Xbox.

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on the Christmas lights, you might see if you can replace the fuses in them. If that doesn't work you might want to try reading the box that they came in to see how many can be strung (is that a word) together. I had the same beat down that you are writing about. The solutions was putting 3 other strands on a different ext. cord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home