"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Friday, December 16, 2005

Day 8 (Thursday)

I left work a little early (shhhh, don't tell anyone!) to get my haircut. Since my follicle population has decreased over the years I don't venture off to any fancy place. I trot on over to the local Family Cuts...and for $6.95, I let some poor down-on-her-luck lady take her agression out on my head. While I'm in the chair I got to listen to one of the "stylists" griping at her husband/boyfriend on the phone. Fortunately, my children weren't with me...as she was using some colorful language.

Afterwards I dashed home and, once again, ascended to the rooftop to repair Christmas lights that had gone awry. I THINK I finally have the mystery solved -- I just pray that I haven't overloaded my outdoor electrical outlet!

I then thought I would make a "quick" trip to Sam's to pick up some items for Robin's gift. No such luck. There's no such thing as a quick trip to Sam's...thus, I was late to Christmas Party #2 of the season. This one was with my office at work. Once again, it was a White Elephant gift exchange. Fortunately the ratio of white elephant gifts was higher at this event...so I didn't feel quite as stupid when someone opened my gift (Oversized Fantastic Four "The Thing" Hands). I managed to walk out of there with the "extended" DVD version of Stripes!

Got home about 10:00. Cleaned up the kitchen and wrapped some gifts in preparation to leave Saturday morning to meet up with my family...who I miss very, very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home