"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Scattershooting At 35,000 Feet

Random thoughts from a random dude...
  • George Carlin died this week. I know lots of folks found him funny...but, for some reason, I didn't (with the exception of his diatribe on the differences between football and baseball - that WAS funny!). Maybe his humor was just too intelligent for me. Plus, I can't stand the blatant, derogatory assault on Christians or Christianity. Wonder if he'd like a do-over on some of that...?
  • As I type this some poor guy next to me on the plane is being hit on MERCILESSLY by some lady in her mid-50's. He MIGHT be my age. Thank you, God, for my mp3 player!!!
  • Either of you have any good ideas on how to purge a materialistic mindset from a 7-year old? I've got an idea - I'll expound on it another time. But I'd love to hear yours!
  • "Pac Man" Jones wants to be called his given first name - "Adam." Guess that's his way of starting fresh. Hope that works out for him...but I hope he surrounds himself with some good people, too.
  • Top Three Blizzards of all time: (1)Peanut Butter Cup (2)Oreo (3)Chocolate Xtreme
  • Why pay money to go to a Psychiatrist or other professional counselor? The waitress at Waffle House is significantly less expensive AND will bring you enough coffee to fill the Grand Canyon in the process!
  • I've got the itch to run another marathon...or at least run a half-marathon. Either of you wanna run with me?
  • My 20-year high school reunion is in October. I'd like to go...but it's $88....PER PERSON!!! Guess I'd better start saving up for my 50-year reunion!

Have a blessed day!

4 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Rebekka said...

Top Blizzard: Mint M&M!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Hmmm...I really love the peanut butter cup Blizzard, but I would have to put the chocolate extreme at the top.

$88 for your high school reunion? No thank you. I just hit my 10 (weird) and did not even go (even though I was getting an award) ;) Maybe I will make it to my 20!

I have been wanting to do a half marathon for awhile-of course, I need to get more in shape first but am working on that!

Looking forward to lunch tomorrow! :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

Wow...that's a pretty bold assumption that she would have hit on you if she had the chance....if that's what you are assuming that is!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger SG said...

Splurge on the $88 bucks, think of it as $4.40 a year. (or something like that) Having said that it hurt to write the check for $120 for mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home