"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Friday, November 18, 2005

My Super-Heroes!

Having three children causes many complications around our house...and any house for that matter. The children are on the Power Play...and when I head off to work, they have the two-man advantage which ultimately results in a "score." But sometimes those "scores" are Robin's most cherished moments.

Elijah and Noah are 26 months apart. Naturally they fight...as all brothers do. But the majority of the time they play together quite well. In fact, I watch them sometimes and I'm jealous of their relationship. I have a brother that is three years younger than me...and he and I never got along. I take full responsibility for that...and maybe someday I'll elaborate more for both of you that read this.

But back to task...

Robin has resumed her rigorous exercise schedule. She spends an hour on her stepper each morning in her quest for a dress size that I will not divulge. This is easier to accomplish on Tuesday and Thursday as both Elijah and Noah go to school at around 8:30. However on Monday, Wednesday and Friday Robin is heavily outnumbered but still tries to get her exercise in.

Well...this past Wednesday morning Robin was stepping away...and she noticed that it had been remarkably quiet in the boys room. Almost too quiet. About the time she figured she might ought to investigate around the corner walked two strange looking characters. They resembled Elijah and Noah in size and shape...but their faces were "different."

These two mild-mannered young men (and I use the term "mild mannered VERY loosely) had become super heroes...they were Super Bucket Head and Super Miniscus Head.

After overcoming the shock of what the boys had done (they had painted their faces with magic marker) and that Elijah knew the word Miniscus, Robin quickly grabbed the camera and the video camera and captured this priceless moment.

"We're Superheroes...just like LarryBoy," Noah declared! (Larry Boy is the Veggie Tales super hero -- VERY funny). They had taken their pajamas and wrapped them around their head, thus giving them the power of flight. They also did a number of other "decorative" things to themselves in order to ensure their superhero status.

So they proceeded to run around the house and the backyard fighting crime and protecting their mother from the vile offenders of our neighborhood.

Now if only they would clean their room...

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

I'm so thankful for my girls...

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger SG said...

That is priceless! I think God's best revenge on you is giving you three incredible little boys...and I mean that in the nicest way! :) Robin is a super hero!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger mom23 said...

That is hilarious! I'm so glad you got it on video. Thanks for sharing the picture!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home