"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Scattershooting...

...while wondering whatever happened to former Texas Rangers 2nd baseman Bump Wills.
~~~~~
The five college teams I hate the most:
5) Texas Tech -- Is it just me, or does football coach Mike Leach always look as though he has just stumbled out of Pi Kappa Alpha's latest "study session"?
4) Oregon -- Bad uniforms, stupid mascot (ducks? c'mon!), and foggy stadium. 'Nuff said.
3) Duke -- They'd be #1, but their football team is so pathetic I find myself wanting them to win.
2) Notre Dame -- C'mon, NO college should have their own network! And I was actually beginning to soften up on these guys...but after the way they did Ty Willingham....HATE 'EM!
1) Texas -- Never has a team received such specialized treatment as these clowns. Case in point -- last night's game b-ball game against West Virginia? That shot at the end of the game.....uh, that's a foul on ANY team except one wearing burnt orange. If Texas and Notre Dame ever were to play each other I might just take my own life!
~~~~~
And as much as I hate to say it I don't see anyone beating Texas this year. So it looks like the overrated Mack Brown will finally win a national championship...although one could make the arguement that a bowl of warm milk could have won national championships with the teams he's had in the past!
~~~~~
Saw my first high school basketball game of the season last night. I watched the Lady Panthers of A.C.H.S. pound Albany by 20. Robin and I coached the Lady Panthers for the last two years, and we absolutely adore that group of young ladies, and we're thrilled to see them off to a 3-1 start.
~~~~~
Saw "Sky High" with my five-year old on Friday night. WONDERFUL family movie. Funny, no cursing...and Kelly Preston looks great in a super hero outfit! Also, Lynda Carter (A.K.A., Wonder Woman) is the principal of the school. I'll have to say that she has aged well also.
~~~~~
I'm running the Fort Worth Turkey Trot 10K race this Thanksgiving. This will be my seventh attempt at breaking the Campbell Family Record...held by my wife. Robin also ran the 5K race back in 2002...while she was 8 months pregnant! It's great being married to a beautiful woman who is also capable of kicking your butt!
~~~~~
Thanksgiving is my favorite day. Turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (my responsibility) buttermilk pie, and football. That...coupled with lots of family to babysit my kids! Priceless!
~~~~~
I'm all for Congress signing a bill that says it is absolutely positively ILLEGAL to turn on your Christmas lights until the day after Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Turkey Day!

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger GSub said...

Good list although I disagree with number 3 and 1. However, I am with you on Notre Dame. I would add to the list Stanford and Rice, these are my two least favorite teams of all time.

My list looks like this:

5. Syracuse
4. Notre Dame
3. ATM
2. Rice
1. Stanford

Sorry but TCU didn't even make my radar to like or hate.

As for the call in the West Virginia game I at first thought foul as well. After the replay Aldridge went straight up and Gansy went into him, PJ Tucker didn't touch him. Good no call, let the players call decide it on the floor. Even "I am Great" knows that!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger D Pitt said...

The principle of verticality:
"The offensive post player with or without the ball cannot initiate contact and displace the defender who has established a legal guarding position." (see principle of verticality)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home