"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

10 Questions

My almost-five year old, Elijah, is the perpetual question asker. Our routine trip to Fort Worth from Abilene is filled with questions such as "What city are we in?" "How long will we be in the country?" "Is Ranger bigger than Abilene?"...and other wondrous variety. So here, from the home office on 634 Gill, are the top 10 questions asked by Elijah in his 4+ years on this Earth...

10. Can cats laugh?
9. Why do you like Diet Coke better than Sprite?
8. Who does God want to win? (asked while watching the Abilene High-Odessa Permian football game)
7. Why is tomorrow tomorrow?
6. Why did you and Mommy name me "Elijah?"
5. Where did the angels get their wings?
4. Does Dairy Queen have a husband named Dairy King?
3. How did Baby Jacob get in mommy's tummy?
2. Why isn't (insert random friend's name)'s name in the Bible like mine?
1. Did God make himself? (if any of you would care to help me answer this question please feel free to chime in)

6 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Chris,

Just now found your blog. I enjoyed seeing Robin at Homecoming this year. My wife Kendra, the Coming Home Queen (don't think I haven't rubbed that into every guy's face!!), was there for her 10 year. We are expecting our 3rd boy in late February 2006. I think I gathered you have 3 now as well. I'm trying to come up with a good 3rd name so check out my blog and offer any thoughts. By the way, the most recent one is a joke that my wife and I put out there.

Oh, and it looks like you've been hit with the blog spam based on the 1st comment. Time to get the word verification tool on your site. See ya brother!!

-donny-

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Deana Nall said...

Everybody knows Dairy Queen is married to Burger King.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger SG said...

and their childrens names are Ronald McDonald and Wendy's.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger James M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger James M. said...

Hey Chris,

Small world. Not sure if you remember me or not but I was in the Waterview C of C youth group back when you were our summer intern. I think your big project that summer was the work camp that had Mike Jordan dunking while holding a paint brush.

Anywho, basically it was that summer when I first ever started going to church and you made it so fun and since have been going to church ever since. So thank you for that summer that changed the direction of my life.

I hear your at ACU now and my wife works there too, how neat. You can thank D. Pitty (David Pittman) for me finding your blog.

Hope all is well.

James (you knew me as Jamie)

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home