"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Moments of Minutia...

...because I haven't written in FOREVER!!!
-----
Once again, I made a fateful late night trip through the channels before going to bed...and another great movie from the '80s was on. I was pleased to see that the Sci-Fi Channel had chosen to spare us another gore-fest, and opted for the greatness of "TRON." Man, I LOVED that movie!!! Granted, with today's animation and special effects it's a wee-bit outdated...but it's also a bit prophetic with some of its messages.

It also rasied the question: How did folks survive without Windows?
-----
A new ice cream place opened up near the ACU campus a few weeks back. It's called "Third Rock," and it's WONDERFUL! It really gives our local Cold Stone Creamery a run for its money. Best of all, they have some great music and videos playing inside the place.

I took Elijah and Noah to get ice cream after Bible Class on Wednesday...and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" had just started. So instead of getting in the truck and driving back home, I introduced my two oldest sons to one of the great movies of our time (and yes, this was a censored version of the movie)...including the great line, "I asked for a car, I got a computer."

Elijah especially liked the part when Cameron is wrestling with the proposition of going to pick Ferris up: "He'll keep calling me; he'll keep calling...uh...that's it! I'll go, I'll go, I'll go, I'll go! S***! G*******!" Fortunately, this was censored appropriately...but unfortunately I think Elijah saw the similarity between Cameron and his father.
-----
It's Spring Break here on campus for the students. Gee, I wish I still got one of those!!!!!
-----
Thursday at 10:00AM begins the greatest three week span in sports. 65 teams will be battling it out for the 2006 NCAA Basketball championship...and as long as it's not Duke or UT I'll be a happy guy. More on that in the coming days.
-----
In two weeks, a group known as Soul Force will be making a stop on the ACU campus. If you want to read more about this group you can check out their "Equality Ride" website. This is not the proper forum for me to discuss my views on what is going to happen on this campus. All I ask is that you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for our students, for our administration, and for the members of Soul Force that will be here to visit with our student body.

That's all I got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home