"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Friday, April 22, 2005

"Who am I? Why am I here?"

During the 1992 presidential election, those words were uttered by a man who was clearly a fish out of water. Admiral James Stockdale led the first bombing mission on North Vietnam in 1964. Later that year he was shot down, and endured torture and captivity for eight grueling years. He was a man's man, and his story was a testimony to the human spirit, and to the strength, stamina, and determination of American bravery.

Yet he will always be remembered as a bumbling, ill-prepared bystander during the 1992 Vice Presidential debate with Dan Quayle and Al Gore.

Today, as I take my maiden voyage into the world of blogging...I hope to enlighten any interested readers...and I hope to answer the questions: Who am I? Why am I here?

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Mark Lavender said...

Who are you? Why are you here? Those are the same questions I have been asking myself since you came to work for ACU!

Welcome to the world of blogging....

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Corey said...

You are Chris Campbell...(I know Chris Campbell!) and you are here to make me laugh. If that is not a mission, I don't know what is.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger SG said...

Welcome to blog world CC! I hoped you would jump on board some day. Congrats on #3! You are brave my friend, or maybe Robin is the brave one! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home