"I asked for a car; I got a computer."

Looking for a commentary that uses big words and ponders the deeper meanings of various topics? Well...you've come to the wrong place. This blog is all about extolling the greatness of Christ, the joy of marriage, the rollercoaster ride called parenthood, the supremacy of the 1980's...and doing all of it at a fifth grade reading level!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Random Thoughts After A Sleepless Night

Baby Jacob, cute as he is, kept his mother and I up most of the night last night. In fact, I haven't had 4 hours of continuous sleep in more than two weeks. So now, for your reading pleasure, are 10 random thoughts that are, in no way, shape, form or fashion, relevant OR related:
  1. I really like Hillary Duff's song "Beat Of My Heart" -- it reminds of a good 80's techno-song.
  2. Instead of watching the NCAA Championship Game on Monday night, I watched the Stars play the San Jose Sharks on FSN (Stars lost in overtime on a one-timer by former Bruin Joe Thornton).
  3. Reality TV does not interest me in the least.
  4. I've never seen an episode of "Lost."
  5. Molly Ringwald gets way too much credit for her contribution to the 80's -- give me Ally Sheedy!!!
  6. Ameriquest Field (formerly The Ballpark At Arlington) is nice...but I miss ol' Arlington Stadium.
  7. I LOVE "Steel Magnolias."
  8. Why does every barbecue place have to make PEACH cobbler? I HATE peaches!
  9. I don't think Natalie Holloway was killed. I think she passed out on the beach, got washed out with the tide, drowned, and then was eaten by a shark(s).
  10. I don't sing near as well as I think I do.

There -- you may now continue on to a better blog.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Jim MacKenzie said...

That's some random, weird stuff, man. That's what sleep deprivation will do to ya!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have been scared to voice my disdain of peach cobbler for fear that I will be labeled communist or a member of al Qaeda. Is there no other fruit that we can put in a cobbler?

You may be onto something with Ally Sheedy, but she will always be the "Breakfast Club" wacko who made it snow dandruff to me. Did you catch Mare Winingham (sp?) on Grey's Anatomy? She was a grandma-to-be!! YIKES!

I love your random thoughts!

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really must be sleep deprived. I grew up going to Arlington Stadium in the 70's and 80's. 75% of the seats were outfield seats and they were bleacher seats at that! Now if you are talking about missing of the players that played in Arlington Stadium, I am right there with you: Al Oliver, Gaylord Perry, Charlie Hough, Toby Harrah, etc.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Jim MacKenzie said...

Sarah, I'm with you on the peach thing, blueberry cobbler is great. Chris, Ally Sheedy? I thought both her and Molly Ringwald were too whiny.

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steel Magnolias? What a woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home