10 More Observations From The Road
10 More Travel Observations:
1) You can tell you’ve left the Bible belt when you drive through a small town in rural America, and the biggest building in town is NOT the local Baptist church (the Catholic church or the Lutheran church are BY FAR the biggest!).
2) When the lady at the Avis counter asks, “Are you Preferred” she’s not hitting on you – she merely wants to know if you have a frequent renter’s agreement with their company.
3) Red Sox fans are very afraid that the Yankees will overtake them
4) The Pontiac Gran Prix has a REALLY big blind spot!
5) Massachusetts barbecue…not very good!
6) New York City is BIG!!!!
7) Folks from the Northeast enjoy hearing a Texan talk…but ONLY if he has a thick accent.
8) When you open up your Bible on a plane, the folks around you get really nervous.
9) However, people ask to borrow your Bible when the ride gets extra-bumpy!
10) Although I hate being gone from them, it’s really fun to come home and have your children sooo excited to see you!